Some notes on Scripting and Triggers:
- Only 1 script can run at any one time, executing all its script actions.
- Additional scripts triggered while another script is running will either be ignored, or queued to run after the previous script finishes. You can set this in the script properties.
- Because any additional scripts queued to execute can only start to run after the previous script has finished completely, be wary of using long delays in scripts: they add to the script's runtime.
- Scripts can execute only once, or once per trigger. The latter means it will execute each time one of its triggers gets triggered.
- Spawning AI (with scripts) only works when there is room for AI spawning in. AI will only spawn in when there are less than 12 active AI in the map.
- Unspawning AI may only unspawn AI when they are further away from the player. To force this, unspawn AI, temporarily teleport the player to the other side of the map, and then back again.
- Trigger Event has a bug where it can not distinguish between identical objects spawned from 1 script.
- Triggers can only trigger once. If you want a script to trigger again, you'll need another trigger.
- Scripting in multiplayer maps is not officially supported, but Steve64b's editormod enables the scripts for use in multiplayer maps. Results may vary.
Far Cry 5 Arcade Editor Budget Limits:
| ||Limit per sector||Global Limit|
|SP/COOP maps on PC ObjectCount||2000||14000|
Maps need to be within budget, else they will not publish. But if you're on PC, check out my Editormod to go beyond these limits.
Made possible by:
Some other useful Far Cry 5 (+Arcade) links: